Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Anticipation

There are about 2 months left in the Graphic Design program I'm taking. Next week we'll be designing "Grad Show Collateral" (the posters and invites for our Grad Show) and starting 3 weeks of guided independent studies, which means reworking previously worked on projects for our portfolios as well as taking on a new project or two. For me this means finally getting to design the packaging and directions for my sewing patterns! What does this mean in relation to the blog? It's going to be just as ignored as usual, although there is the possibility nothing will get posted on here until May. Could happen.


Now, I never imagined I ever would, but I made myself a twitter account yesterday. What does this mean in relation to the blog? Not much right now. But on the plus side, it will be so easy to post quick updates about the progress of my sewing patterns, and when they and the website will be launched. Doing this all by ones self is understandably a pretty hefty workload, and some of the things I've done so far include drafting the patterns, (there will be 4 available come launch time if you're wondering), preparing content, and making endless mind-maps and mood boards. I've also been busy creating a logo, scheduling a consult with the printers, and trying not to panic, among other things. I've only been panicking a little bit by the way. Starting your own business is kind of scary business, but it's exciting too. You get to see your dreams take shape into something real. I liked that about taking fashion design too; the whole process of your original sketch turning into a wearable garment. Fingers crossed these patterns will turn into wearable garments for home sewers!



*Note: The (hopefully realistic) goal is to have the website and 4 patterns done for July. Launching on July 1st would be really cool since that's also Canada Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment