Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Showing Some Love


Papercut Patterns
http://papercutpatterns.com/index.php
I came across this independent pattern company today, and had to share! The designers name is Katie Brown and she is based in New Zealand. Her patterns are very current and professional looking. I especially like the packaging, it's a very unique and interesting idea. To be honest, most of the designs aren't really my style, I'm more of a vintage 50s girl at heart, but this is the cutest jacket:


It's around $30 Canadian, including shipping. I imagine the price is on the high side because of the cost of the printing/packaging. That being said I'll likely get around to purchasing this in the near future. I like to show fellow designers love; it's kind of like a creative karma if you're into that sort of thing. Plus I want to touch the packaging! I spent a little while in a consult with another printing company in the city today and was feeling different paper weights and types, and different treatments such as varnishes and embossing. It's all very cool, and being a sewer I'm inclined to touch everything (fabric, buttons, trims) so it's neat that there is an aspect to graphic design that is similar in such a way. 

Anyhow, it is time for a much deserved date with my guy, some sushi,  and the Liz Taylor commemorative issue of Life!




No comments:

Post a Comment