Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Great Fabric Hunt

Wow, it's been longer than I thought since my last post! I blame trying to find a balance between work and school. Last Sunday was spent running errands, one of which was to go to Fabricana to find some nice wool coating. And this is it:

This was taken with the flash on, so you can see the pretty gold threads better :)
I forget what the lining is... I don't usually buy special linings, but I imagine it's a poly-rayon or something of that sort. The coating is 50% wool and 50% cashmere, in navy blue and is so so soft! It's going to be made into this pattern:

I'll be making the jacket pictured on the right. Unfortunately I didn't come home with any fabric for the Lady Grey coat that day. My guy helped me pick out a really terrific plaid suiting for it, but there wasn't enough left on the  bolt :(  On Friday I went to Fabricland, but am finding their selection isn't all that great lately... Tomorrow I'll try another store or two, hopefully with better luck. I have buttons picked out that might be nice to use, so maybe it'll be easiest to find a nice solid colour to show them off. So the hunt continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment